Monday 16 January 2012

Time to detox – gel mask


For the past few days I’ve been reviewing the products from the Elemis’ Try-Enzyme Resurfacing range. Tonight I’d like to conclude with the last, but no means least, product from the range – Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask (RRP £45).



This product is a wonderful addition to the range. It helps to smooth the skin and revive dull complexion. I found this product perfectly complementing the range and delivering to its promise. After using the gel mask my skin is smoother to the touch, looks and feels cleaner and matte and any small imperfections are minimised even after one application.

Try-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask - gel texture

After application the gel texture initially creates a cooling sensation on the skin, which quickly changes into a nice tingling sensation. (I like it! However, my hubby wasn't so keen on it!) That doesn’t mean you’re allergic to the product but just the opposite; it means that the product works its wonders. In my case the place where it tingles the most is around my nose, meaning the need for enzymes in that area is greater. 

I usually keep the mask on for 8 minutes, as specified on the packaging; however, sometimes I leave it for a bit longer and I've never had any reaction. I find the gel texture too clingy to remove it with just water so I use towelling mitts but any face towel is perfect for that! Use it twice a week in the first few weeks and as the tingling minimizes with usage then use it once a week.

Note: People with rosacea and very sensitive skin should seek doctors’ advice before using this product as I’ve heard different opinions on the reaction post usage. 

Hope the detox reviews helped you to decide if those products are for you! Let us know by leaving a comment or on twitter @beautyu.

Stay beautiful!

Mags xx

2 comments:

  1. Just read all three of you Tri-enzyme reviews. I so looking forward to seeing the results from my Tri-Enzyme kit. I mist admit out of all of the them I'm most 'weary' of the gel mask but i'll let you know how i get on.
    I didn't get a serum in my kit though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your lovely comment! I've had a chance to use all the products from the tri-enzyme range and all are great! They're a bit pricey, hence I buy the kits on the shopping channel - QVC - as it's a better value for money! I really like the gel mask and even though I'm not using the tri-enzyme range at the moment, I still go back to the gel mask once every two weeks! It helps with the cell renewal and my skin feels super soft afterwards! It tingles a bit at the beginning of using it, before the skin gets used to the product, so beware of that. Let me know how you get on with it! Would really like to know what you think! Many thanks for reading, Mags xx

      Delete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x