Sunday 29 January 2012

Oasis, Bourjois and No 7...the girl in gold!

I hope you're all having a lovely relaxing weekend! Today I wanted to share with you my outfit and make-up I wore for a night out in Bournemouth last night! I love it when an outfit dictates your colour scheme for the night. I started with the gold dress from Oasis and then picked my nail polish and eye shadow to follow the theme of gold.

So here is what I wore:
Dress from Oasis in the sale, originally £60
but only paid £15!! Lace flowery tights from M&S, £6

A closer look at my golden nails:






Stay Perfect No 7, Hot to Trot, £7, 
but with a Boots £5 no 7 voucher only £2!!
I am actually in love with this nail colour for the Winter! It's a great day and night nail colour, and it has stayed on all night and no chips today! It did take a long time to dry, so I would argue with the 'quick drying' claim, but the end result is a really glossy finish, nearly up there with some of the brands that cost £10 a bottle. It was also very easy to apply.
This colour was recommended to me by the lovely Jo over at www.budgetingbeautyblog.blogspot.com

A closer look at my face and my eye make-up:


Without flash

With flash


My golden eyes!

I have to admit to never trying Bourjois before this week, and this was thanks to a recommendation from www.beautygeekuk.com

I am so impressed by this eyeshadow range! The two colours I picked to create my gold eyes are:


Bourjois little round pot shade 09 for £5.49 
and intense shade 01 for £6.99 

I used Bare Minerals eye primer to start the base of my eye, despite the 16 hour hold claims from Bourjois. I then applied the light golden intense shade 01 to the whole eye area. I applied this quite liberally. I then took the little round pot, shade 09 and applied this just to my eye lid. I then took more of the first light golden shade to blend the two colours together. I absolutely loved the end result, and cannot wait to get my hands on some more of these little pots!!


The finished look was intense enough for a night out, but not over the top, and it lasted all night until I got home! And for the price, these are the cheapest eye shadows I have bought for ages!


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed seeing my outfit and make-up from last night.


What colours do you like to mix together for a night out? Have you tried Bourjois eyeshadows and what do you think of them? Please let us know, by commenting below, or tweet us @beautyu

Stay Beautiful


Stace x




10 comments:

  1. Fabulous look lovely! You have especially fabulous hair :) Glad you like the Bourjois xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for the recommendation! I want all the colours now though!!
      Stace x

      Delete
  2. You look lovely! The dress is gorgeous - what a bargain!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I know I love a good bargain, and it's Oasis so good quality!
      Thanks for reading!
      Stace x

      Delete
  3. I love your dress hun, and what an absolute bargain!!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I was so lucky to get it as had my eye on it when it was full price but couldn't justify that!
      Thanks for reading.
      Stace x

      Delete
  4. thanks again for the mention :) So glad you like the nail varnish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :-) It stayed chip free from Sat to Weds, so impressed! Going to try some more colours when there is another voucher!
      Stace x

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit and look Stace!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x