Wednesday 18 January 2012

Mags’ Face of the Day


This is my first Face of the Day (FOTD) post so I thought I’ll share with you my daily make-up routine and show the products I use to create my daytime look. 

Here are the tools and products I use:


  • Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules – facial oil used in the morning and evening to double charge the moisturiser
  • Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream – my day moisturiser
  • Smashbox Photo Finish – foundation primer
  • bareMinerals Multi-Tasking SPF20 Concealer in Bisque
  • bareMinerals Original SPF15 Foundation in Medium Tan – I usually use the Medium Beige one, however, I still have some colour left after my holidays
  • bareMinerals all-over face colour in Warmth – bronzing powder
  • bareMinerals blush in Intrigue
  • bareMinerals Original SPF25 Mineral Veil – finishing powder, also can be used as a primer
  • Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
  • bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara in Black
  • Chanel AQUALUMIÈRE Gloss High Shine Sheer Concentrate in Freeze (066) – lip gloss
  • Most of the brushes are from my Bare Escentuals collection: max coverage concealer (concealer brush), full coverage buki (foundation brush), flawless face (bronzer brush), angled blush (blush brush), hydrate & brighten (finishing powder brush) and Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner brush. 

I really love all the products I use! They saved my life! About three years ago I went through a rough time with my skin and nothing worked. Three years down the line and after discovering the bareMinerals make-up products no one can really tell that a few months ago I was covered in spots and looked really miserable! 

Here is my flawless skin today:

Without a flash:



With a flash:



Hope you enjoyed my first FOTD! I surely did! Let me know if you use any of the products listed and if so, what do you think of them?

Stay beautiful!

Mags xx

6 comments:

  1. oooh very pretty and natural, love the lip colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Chanel glosses! I used to use the Bon Bon but this time decided to go for the Freeze one! Both brilliant colours! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following me on Twitter - followed back, and via GFC as well!

    I love mineral make-up; I always end up coming back to it! Currently using Inika's products which have even fewer ingredients than bareMinerals. I also used to use Smashbox primers, but recently bought the bareMinerals brightening primer and I really love it; it's perfect for mineral make-up!

    All the photos on my blog use that primer; feel free to pop over and have a look - hope you want to follow me back as we seem to have such similar skin types!

    www.freshlookbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and follow! It's great to know there are other people who use and love mineral make-up and see all the advantages of the pure ingredients!
      I'm definitely going to check the Inika products, as sound interesting, esp there is less ingredients!
      I've just looked at your site, it's fab! xx

      Delete
  3. You look really pretty! I haven’t yet tried any Bare Minerals products but I have heard so many raves about them I will have to rectify that soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! The products are great so it'd be good to try it if you can! You can always go to a Bare Escentuals counter in John Lewis or Debenhams and try it there, or ask them for a makeunder? They'd love to do it! And the products are fantastic! Give it a go! xx

      Delete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x