Wednesday, 31 August 2011
Wednesday, 24 August 2011
Well, firstly I am so happy they decided to launch this product with a box. Many of their products don't come boxed, and I know it is more environmentally friendly, but when competing in the make-up market, all high end brands are boxed, and the point of make-up is to make a lady feel extra special - right! And I was very excited when I first opened up the little black box. Doing their bit for the environment, Liz Earle have said that when the product is ordered by mail they will provide samples of all three shades for the customer to try before opening their order to ensure the right shade has been selected and cut down on wastage. This is a nice touch, well done Liz!
And what's really exciting about this is there will hopefully be more make-up to come from Liz Earle! Finally a make up brand that is made to look after our skin, and looks great!
This is guaranteed to be a big seller, so get in the queue!
24th August 2011
PS - Mags is on holiday this week, and I can't wait to hear what she thinks of this product!
Thursday, 18 August 2011
Recently, I’ve made a new beauty discovery! You may think it’s trivial but it made all the difference in my life and helped with my well-being! I’m not going to keep you in suspense any longer – my latest beauty secret is WATER! … and not glass or two a day but litres and litres, as much as possible!
I used to suffer from dreadful migraines, break out on my skin were uncontrollable and I felt tired and drained. Nowadays, I drink more than 2litres of water daily and I sleep well - wake up rested and happy, have fewer headaches (with sporadic migraines) and my skin looks more rejuvenated, plumped and healthy!
There are lots of different benefits of drinking water starting with the obvious ones like hydration and thirst quenching, through to the more medical and life saving ones:
- Reverses aging – it’s plumping the skin, helps reducing fine lines, keeps skin younger for longer – no more prune-like skin and crow’s feet on the face!
- Eliminates body waste and toxins – it helps with weight loss by regulating metabolism,
- Makes people happier – helps the body naturally replenish its supply of the serotonin,
- Prevents sleep disorders – hydration helps produce melatonin (sleep regulator),
- Energises the body and mind - water generates energy in every body cell, providing a natural power boost, and a well hydrated brain is continually energized to imprint new information in its memory banks,
- Prevents some medical conditions, i.e. headaches
- Reduces water retention – dehydration can cause your body to retain fluid, so drinking more water will help release the retained water.
Skin has the ability to perspire to cool and regulate body temperature; therefore, it’s misleading to only drink water when it’s hot outside. Adequate water intake is essential and needs to be constant, to promote a healthier skin, body and mind.
Stay beautiful! Drink plenty of water!
18 August 2011
Tuesday, 9 August 2011
I start a day with a good cup of coffee! It helps me wake up and keeps me energised throughout the day! I’ve never put much thought into what to do with the used coffee grounds so it usually ended up in the bin or I gave it away for a compost.
However, recently, I’ve discovered that the used coffee grounds can work wonders when used as a body scrub. If you don’t drink coffee, simply use fresh coffee grounds – it’s not the ingredients but the benefits that you’ll love!
- Plumps and rejuvenates the skin,
- Helps with the cell renewal,
- Caffeine helps redistribute fat cells and decrease the formation of cellulite,
- Prevents varicose veins or even make them vanish! The caffeine in a coffee scrub acts as a vascular restrictor - shrinking blood vessels, thus helping to reduce varicose veins,
- Boost up skin colouring, leaving your skin slightly tanned
· MMake your own coffee body scrub:
- 3 tbsp. used coffee grounds (fresh coffee grounds are fine)
- 1 tsp. sugar or salt
- 2 tsp. body oil (I use baby oil, leaves skin super soft)
Mix ingredients together and use circular motion when applying all over your body. Don’t get discourage as it’s a bit messy; however, the results are worth it! Try it for yourself and let us know what you think!
Stay healthy! Stay beautiful!
9th August 2011