Wednesday 31 August 2011

The perfect body moisturiser...is there one???

The perfect body moisturiser...is there one???

At the weekend my Mum told me she had found the perfect body moisturiser...and this got me excited. While I will reveal this once I have had a chance to review it...it got me thinking, what makes the perfect body moisturiser? And subsequently I found I had several different brands of moisturisers lurking in my bedroom. Time to put the body moisturisers to the test!! In order of my least favourite to my most favourite:

6. Brand name moisturisers - FCUK, Jojoba, coconut and vitamin e
Every brand these days thinks they can bring out a beauty range, and often packs of these appear in Boots at Christmas. The FCUK moisturiser I have is one from such a pack. I have very sensitive and dry skin, and while the small of this is lovely it really didn't react well to my skin, and no noticeable smoothness of skin.
5. Perfume brand moisturisers - Vera Wang, Look
Vera Wang Look is a moisturiser created from a perfume smell. It smells amazing, and definitely wins in the scent stakes, but is not easily absorbed, and no noticeable smoother skin.
4. Nutremetics body lotion - Apricot body dew
An Australian company who sell mainly through parties, the smell is very overpowering, but does make the skin appear slightly smoother. The smell really was to overpowering for me to continue using.
3. Elemis exotic lime and ginger
This absorbs super quick, and really smooths the skin, and a little really goes along way. But the smell...it reminds me of something a man would put on. Not a feminine smell, and you can still smell it the next day. Reacts well with my skin though.
2. Liz Earle energising body lotion
I like the smell, not to over-powering, and it really does moisturise, with effects being felt the next day and super smooth skin. The lotion takes a little longer than some others to absorb, but it is a pretty good all rounder.
1. Norwegian formula everyday repair
A surprise for me, as no high end brand, but this company really do put skin first. The smell is subtle, it absorbs quickly, no bad reaction with my skin, and smooth and all dryness eliminated the next day.


I will review my Mum's recommendation at the weekend, but for now, what makes your perfect body moisturiser? Let us know on Twitter @beautyu or by email - info@beautyu.co.uk.

Stay beautiful!

Stace x

31st August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x