Saturday 5 November 2011

Makeunder with BareEscentuals



I absolutely love my make-up products from BareEscentuals! They’re easy to use, easy to apply, easy to wear and easy to take off! What more to ask for?! It’s very strange as with other brands the longer I wore the make-up, the more washed out I looked and by the end of the day that make-up was falling off my face (literally at times!)! I haven’t experienced any of that with my bareMinerals make-up products for the past several months I've used it! It actually looks better the longer I wear it during the day – I know, bizarre but true!

Anyway, last weekend I’ve asked a friend if she wouldn’t mind if I do a ‘makeunder’ on her! It’s called a ‘makeunder’ (a phrase I heard on the BE counter at our local Debenhams) as it supposed to look natural as if not wearing make-up and the skin tone has a healthy glow. 

Take a look at the before and after shots of Sylwia below. Amazing, isn’t it?

BEFORE the makeunder
AFTER the makeunder

 Step by step to the healthy, dewy complexion: 

Step 1. Applied the Prime Time foundation primer all over the face and eyes. Used a bit of the Original SPF25 Mineral Veil to minimise any open pores and ensure the longevity of the finished make-up. Used a bit of the Multi-Tasking SPF20 Concealer in Bisque to cover any minor imperfections. And applied the Original SPF15 Foundation in Medium Beige all over Sylwia's face to even out the skin tone.

Step 2. Used the All Over Face Colour in Warmth to create that sun-kissed and healthy look. Under the eyes I applied the Multi-tasking Eye in Well Rested to reduce any dark circles and awaken the complexion.  

Step 3. Applied the Blush in Golden Gate to the apples of Sylwia's cheeks to bring a more natural, healthy look to the face.

Step 4. I applied the Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner by Bobbi Brown to frame and bring out the beautiful eyes. 

Step 5. The Eyes - As a base I used the Eyecolor in Flaunt and all over the eyes I used the Quadra Eye Shadow by Chanel in 81 Beiges Velours.

Step 6. In the corners of the eyes I used the Multi-tasking Eye in Well Rested to 'open' the eye and brighten it up.
  
What do you think about the finished look? 
 
Sylwia's finished look using the bareMinerals products - at this final stage I've used the All-Over Face Color in Bare Radiance to bring that luminosity and dewiness to Sylwia's skin! Also used the Lancome Le Crayon Kohl Eye Liner in Brun and the Rouge Color Fever Shine lipstick in Rose Explosion (308) to define her browns and emphasize those luscious lips.

I’ve loved every bit of the experience – the makeunder, the wine we consumed (!), the impromptu beauty hints and tips we shared with each other, the laughter and girly chats... but the most importantly the fact that I left my friend Sylwia with an ‘Aww’ as she loved the make-up and was amazed how each stage has transformed her complexion! She said: ‘bareMinerals transformed my skin into a radiant, healthy looking complexion, without looking too made-up at all!’

Come on girls, what are you waiting for? Give the bareMinerals a go ... you won’t be disappointed!

Stay beautiful!

Mags xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x