Friday 11 November 2011

Liz Earle Superskin - it does what it says on the tin

Liz Earle Superskin - it does what it says on the tin
I have been waiting to review this product for AGES, but I really wanted to give it a fair go, so a month later, Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser, please step into the spotlight!

Now it's fair to say that of the two of us, Mags is the skincare enthusiast. I have the basic concept grasped, a Summer moisturiser, generally with SPF, and something for Winter. And I suppose a night cream, if  I have time...(come on we are all the same, sometimes we are too tired to even think about night cream at the end of the day).

Price and packaging
Retailing at £34.50 for 50ml (this price is from the Liz Earle website) it is probably a bit on the high end for most peoples budget. I tend to spend about this on my moisturiser so for me the price won't put me off.


As usual for Liz, the packaging is gorgeous, and when you're spending this sort of money, I really believe that matters. The box has a lovely metallic finish to it, with the picture of a plant growing across it. Included in the box is a little pamphlet of how to apply moisturiser correctly (see photos at bottom of post). I love these little added extras from Liz Earle, it is things like this that makes customers return again and again.


The glass finish to the pot again adds that feeling of something special. These types of pots where you can scoop even the last bits of the product out are a big plus for me, I like to know I can get use of every last bit of the product. The pot looks really cute on my dressing table, and feels like something you might find in an old apothecary shop.

The product
The cream has a good consistency to it, quite thick and rich, meaning you really don't need a lot of product to completely cover your face, neck and decolletage.


Ingredients are stated as cranberry, seed oil, borage oil and natural vitamin E, but the moisturiser is fragrance free, with no strong scents coming through. I think this is a plus, but I know some people prefer a scent to their moisturiser. It smells very clean and neutral.

A few things worried me before trying this product, the claim on the jar states 'makes mature or very dry skin look and feel rejuvenated and replenished.' I may be still only just in my 20's but I'm sure that my skin is yet mature, but I still kept an open mind.

The product sinks quickly in to the skin, not settling on top for a long time like other brands. It also does not leave a tacky finish to the skin after applying.

The verdict
As stated before, I used this for a month, morning and (shock horror) every night. And wow. The difference to my skin has been amazing. It feels more full and plumped up. It has a smoothness that didn't exist before, and the normal tight drying feeling I have at this time of year has not happened. By putting the cream on at night, the morning has revealed skin so clear I could (but I won't...) go without make-up. I have even put it on when I have had a particularly bad break out of spots, and by the morning have seen a noticeable difference to the appearance of the offending spots. It acts as a great base before applying my foundation in the morning as well.

I know normally I will try my best to balance my reviews with at least one negative. Nope can't think of one. This product will be finding it's way into my daily routine permanently, and might even make my desert island product list...

Superskin from Liz Earle, actually delivers Superskin.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Stace x

11th November 2011

This review is of course my opinion and everyone's skin type is different.

Tips on how to apply your moisturiser, Liz Earle says it so beautifully, there is no need for me to interprut!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x