Saturday 11 February 2012

Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a beautiful shade of pink

Valentine’s nails with Leighton Denny’s nail products


The Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I feel inundated with all the overpriced offers on gifts, restaurants, spa treatments, you name it. However, the V-day is all about you and your loved one! You don’t need to spend a fortune to make that day special!  The most important thing to me is not only to look great but to feel great that day! 


The simple and easy way to make a difference and to feel great is to accessorise your outfit with a nail colour! As you may already pick up from my previous blogs, I love nails varnishes and I do change the colour depending on my mood and outfit I’m planning to wear! A nice, long-lasting nail varnish is a must in each girl’s wardrobe so for that upcoming special occasion I decided to go for one of my favourite nail brand - Leighton Danny!


A 12ml bottle of each nail colour retails £11 so it’s not a bargain buy; however, the colour, the durability and the lasting shine are worth every penny!!!


Beautiful shade of pink – Bubblegum


The colour I selected for next week’s occasion is Bubblegum. 




It’s a soft, shimmery shade of pink that looks fantastic on the nails. It’s also versatile with the colour density, depending on how many coats of the colour you use – I usually go for two!






Take a look at our first You Tube video below to see the way I apply the products:



The products I used in the video are:


Leighton Denny's colour accessories. From the left: Undercoat (base coat), Crystal Finish (top coat), Slick Tips (nail and cuticle oil). All comes in 12ml bottles and all RRP £11.

Leighton Denny - Miracle Mist, speed-drying spray, RRP £11

What are your plans for the V-day? Are you going to accessorise with nail colour, too? If so, what colour would you go for? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment or on twitter @beautyu.


Happy Valentine’s Day to you all from Stace and me!


Stay beautiful!


Mags xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colour!! Well done on your first video!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Glad you like the colour and the video! As it was our first video we were a bit nervous but I'm happy you like it!
      Thanks, Mags x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It indeed is a lovely colour and it stays on for a long time, too! We've recorded the video on Monday and it's Sunday week later and the nails still look great with just two little chips! How great is that?
      Thanks, Mags x

      Delete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x