Sunday 6 May 2012

Make-up brushes - how do you clean yours?

Hope you're all having fab weekends! Something a bit different today...A plea for some advice.
So here's the thing, cleaning brushes...I use mineral make-up so my brushes get used everyday, A LOT. I am totally rubbish at cleaning them regularly, I would dearly love to clean them once a week like I read some of you all do, but I just run out of time or forget!
And I also don't even know if I am cleaning them right, so please, please comment with your tips, and words of wisdom on how you clean your make-up brushes as I would love to hear!
Here's what I do...

Firstly I always use Johnson's baby shampoo, no idea why really. Think I read it somewhere, figure it's for babies so must be gentle and I like the smell.

My weapon against dirty make-up brushes
Next I run my brushes under lukewarm water and then add the shampoo foaming it up. I tilt the brush down so the water runs away from the handle and not against the bristles.


I will continue running the brush under the water until the water runs clean and the shampoo has thoroughly washed away.

I then leave them to dry naturally.

And voila, I have clean brushes!


My brushes are all from bareMinerals and were all quite expensive, they seem to respond well to being cleaned like this so that is why I have stuck with it.

I would love to hear what you do with your brushes. How do you clean them, and how often do you clean them? I know I definitely need to start cleaning mine more often!

Keep your make-up brushes beautiful!

Stace x

6 comments:

  1. I use baby shampoo as well, on a Sumsay I wash all the brushes I have used that week.
    I rinse mine under warm water and then put some shampoo in m hand and swirl the brush in it to really foam it up then rinse it out under the water. I dry mine so the bristles all point down - looks after my brushes and my skin as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks for sharing! Good to know I am doing similar thing! I do need to wash them more though, as you say it's better for skin as well!
      Thanks for reading!
      Stace x

      Delete
  2. I use the Johnson's baby shampoo too. I put a blob on the back of my hand and buff the brushes into it then rinse and leave to dry on a towel. I always seem to wash all of them together and then realise I need to use one, doh! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Glad I am doing the same thing! Ha ha I always do that and then have to get the hairdryer on them!!
      Thanks for reading.
      Stace x

      Delete
  3. I try and wash my brushes once a week and I pretty much do exactly the same as you :-) Only difference really is that I use the Tesco own baby shampoo rather than Johnson's. When I dry them I usually place them led down on a piece of kitchen towel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I am doing similar to others! Oh you are good doing them once a week, this is always my intention but NEVER actually happens!! I need to get better at that!
      Thanks for reading.
      Stace x

      Delete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x