Thursday 16 February 2012

This week’s bargain buy – bareMinerals Blemish Solutions


I’ve used a number of blemish solution products before; however, none of them delivered such great results as the bareMinerals Blemish Remedy! It took me way too long to discover that product, it was mostly down to its price (RRP £15 for a little pot), but this Sunday I’ve managed to buy the Blemish Solutions pack for £17.33 (RRP £26)!



The bareMinarels Blemish Solutions pack consists of:

Clockwise from left top are: SPF 20 Concealer in Summer Bisque (size: 0.75g), Blemish Remedy (size: 1g), Blemish Remedy Brush, Mini Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush, Little white vanity case

All products and application tools packed in the little white vanity case that comes with a mirror

Little white vanity case

The Blemish Remedy treatment’s light powdery texture is easy to use and works as both a treatment and a concealer, even though it's a bit lighter shade from the concealer I normally use. 

From left are: SPF 20 Concealer in Summer Bisque and Blemish Remedy

Close up of the products: On the left is the Concealer in Summer Bisque, and on the right is the Blemish Remedy

This powder helps to conceal and heal blemishes quickly and effectively, preventing future breakouts. I was amazed how quickly I could see results when using that product! In a matter of minutes the blemishes were visibly less irritated! I've also left the product on the skin as an overnight treatment, to work its magic – it definitely helped my blemishes to diminish during the night! The only downside is a slight medical smell to the product, which doesn’t last long though so it’s not a big problem.

The Blemish Remedy comes with a little cute brush that helps with the product application. It’s handy when carrying it around for those unexpected spots! 

Blemish Remedy comes with that little brush

This pack also comes with the SPF 20 Concealer in Summer Bisque. It helps flawlessly conceal any skin imperfections and works its mineral magic on my skin! Those two products help me win the war against any spots and naturally clear my complexion without any irritation.

Those two products bought separately cost: SPF 20 Concealer - RRP £19 for 2g, and Blemish Remedy - RRP £15; plus this pack comes with the two handy mini brushes! I’ve purchased that kit at Debenhams and the lady on the Bare Escentuals counter said that the sale is not going to last much longer. So if you were thinking of getting the Blemish Remedy, don’t delay and get that pack when it’s still that great price (£17.33)!

Have you used those products before? If so, let us know what you think by leaving a comment or on twitter @beautyu.

Stay beautiful!

Mags xx

2 comments:

  1. I bought the blemish remedy separately (as i already had the full size concealer). I didn't get on with it though, i'm not sure whether it was the sulphur or something else but it seemed to make my spots worse.
    I threw mine away.
    Love the concealer though, great for covering up old acne scars but discreetly.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you for reading my review! It's a shame that you didn't get along with the Blemish Remedy! My skin absolutely loves it! However, I agree with you, not every product is suitable for every skin! The Liz Earle's Spot-On product doesn't agree with my skin! I think I am allergic to the tea tree oil in that product. Glad you like the concealer, though! I love it too!
      Thanks, Mags xx

      Delete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x